Also known as .. Pressure Cooker Use 1st Try
This little Fagor Splendid 10-qt pressure cooker thingie is a little daunting. Probably because I was raised by the generation that was rightfully scared of exploding cookers. Any way — last evening’s treat was amazingly simple.
So here is the process:
- Marinate 2 chicken breasts in a baggie with soy sauce, ginger, honey.
- Leave in the icebox for hours
- Return and fret about how to actually cook them. “Should I use the oven or the new cooker?”
- Decide on the pressure cooker:
- Insert the rack
- Add a bit more than 1/2 cup water
- Place chicken on rack
- Pour remaining marinade (ok I know that is not an approved use of marinade but come on) over chicken in the pot
- Close pot and place on high
- Watch for steam then reduce temp
- Cook for 8 minutes once temp is reduced
So – really yummy and perfectly cooked — Except … the pressure indicator never popped up. I’m thinking that here at elevation it may take longer to get the pressure, even though the steam was coming out as the instructions indicated – or I didn’t have the lid on correctly.
Only regret — I did not cook more chicken so I wouldn’t have to cook it later this week.
2 thoughts on “Day 1 – "Pressured Chicken"”
Liz – this sounds delish! And so easy! I'm adding it to my list of things I can cook in 15 minutes before eveyone needs to run to court (hubby) or rehearsal (lovely daughter)…Thanks! Sara Marcy
Still can’t really believe any one sees this. I’m thinking about restarting it this winter … totally about easy one pot stuff.